It is often said that the first thing you notice about a person is their shoes. Hence it is stressed on how important it is to keep your feet presentable. The flooring of your home is its footwear. We understand how big a decision picking the perfect flooring can be. Between the aesthetic appeal, function and maintenance needs, the list to consider is long. This is why we have collected a set of key points to note before you can go ahead and pick the flooring you require. Read ahead on our definitive guide to know more!
The quintessential factor to consider before you pick your flooring is its function. More precisely, the function of the room in question. The amount of circulation, its pattern, usage of the floor all need to come into consideration when we think about function. Find a few common flooring and their properties in terms of usage and function.
- Vinyl: One of the practical solutions to flooring, Vinyl is easy to clean and highly water-resistant as well. This makes it an ideal flooring option for kitchens, mud-rooms and laundry rooms.
- Tile: Tiles are water-resistant and easy to clean as well, and are more durable when the long run is considered. It can be slightly more expensive as compared to vinyl and hence is also seen as a step above in terms of class. They also come in a wide array of texture such as wood and stone which can add to the ambience of the room. You can use tiles anywhere in the house.
- Composite Wood: For the lovers of wood, this is a great option as composite wood is durable and can be polished over the years. However, care should be given for the flooring not to be constantly exposed to moisture.
- Carpet: One of the luxurious options of flooring, carpet is made of fibres and exquisite designs that scream comfort. It is best used in living rooms and bedrooms.
- Marble: Marble floors are forever. Even the oldest marble floors can be cleaned to sparkle like brand new with processes. If you are looking for long term flooring solutions marble can be the ideal choice.
- Granite: Granite floors are similar to marble and are easy to clean and look great as well.
It is also important to keep maintenance in mind before you pick your flooring. You should be prepared about the work each of these materials may require and make a better-informed decision.
- Vinyl: Anything such as spills or dirt can be cleaned with ease on Vinyl with a mop and soapy water. However, Vinyl can be damaged with more serious spill such as chemicals and hence care should be given.
- Tile: Tile can be cleaned with ease, however, it is a different story in the case of Grout. Tiles have to be replaced every 5-10 years and hence you should be prepared for it.
- Composite Wood: Care should be given with composite wood when it comes to damage from the spill as they need to be cleaned up soon or else it can damage the material. Wood also has the risk of being damaged by heels or cleats.
- Carpet: Carpet stains are harder to clean and often stay permanent. The spill should be cleaned up immediately using a professional cleaner and the surface should also be vacuumed regularly to reduce wear and tear.
- Marble & Granite: These material are easy to maintain and tend to last a lifetime. You can clean them with ease without any harsh cleaning liquids. The best part about rock flooring is that polish can make them look brand new.
Another integral factor to consider is the area to be covered and your budget. Pick an option that suits you comfortably within the budget. Vinyl is often the cheapest option while wooden flooring and carpets can be on the higher end. Tile can range from lower ends to exquisite designs based on your selection. Marble and Granite prices vary based on their rarity and also the size of the stone.
We hope you have gained a clearer insight regarding flooring with the help of this article! While there are infinite options regarding flooring, these points to be considered are applicable universally. We hope you pick the perfect flooring with ease with the help of these notes!